Welcome to Modern Sequence Dancing World
Steven Shaw and Helen Blackburn bring you details of all the latest ‘winning’ sequence dances and information about where and when local and national events are happening around the UK.
Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, Steven and Helen are qualified dance teachers and successful Inventive Dance Competitors. They have been encouraging couples to take to the dance floor and enjoy sequence dancing for many years.
Both are championship adjudicators and are available for lectures and tuition at all levels. If you would like more information contact them direct on 0113 273 6885.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Ada Unsworth Memorial Inventive Dance Winners - The Ada Unsworth Memorial Inventive Dance winners. Classical winner, Swaledale Saunter, Ellen Harrison and Kelly Sloan. Modern winner, Countdown Quickstep, arranged by Graham and Avril Watkins. Latin winner, Christchurch Cha Cha Cha, arranged by Stuart Perry and Beverly Howard.
- NEW DANCE HOLIDAYS ON SALE NOW - There are just a few rooms remaining on our latest dance holidays. visit our Dance Holiday page for more details.
- 2018 Inventive Dance Competition Dates and Venues - Here are the dates and venues now confirmed for 2018 Inventive Dance Competitions – we hope to see you there. All events will provide one dance in each style, classical, Latin and modern sequence, except the ISTD event, which will provide classical and modern sequence dances only this year. Sunday 14th January 2018 – NCDTA Venue: […]
Inventive Dance Competitions are held throughout the year to find new Modern Sequence Dances for you to learn. Below is a list of dance competitions which are open to the general public. At some events your entry ticket will include the opportunity to learn the winning dances within a few hours of them being released. Other events teach the new dances the following day, so if unsure please check with the competition organiser before attending. Further information regarding who to contact, ticket availability and venues are available by clicking on the specific competition event below. The results of each competition will be posted on this site following the event.
- 14 January 2018 – Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association
- 18 March 2018 – National Association of Teachers of Dancing
- 31 March 2018 – Southport Sequence Easter Festival
- 22 April 2018 – Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
- 20 May 2018 – Allied Dancing Association
- 17 June 2018 – British Association of Teachers of Dancing
- 30 June 2018 – International Dance Teachers Association
- 5 August 2018 – British Dance Council
- 15 September 2018 – International Sequence Dance Circle
- 7 October 2018 – Butlins
- 22 October 2018 – Blackpool Dance Festival
- 4 November 2018 – Ada Unsworth Memorial Event
- 2 December 2018 – United Kingdom Alliance