Welcome to Modern Sequence Dancing World
Steven Shaw and Helen Blackburn bring you details of all the latest ‘winning’ sequence dances and information about where and when local and national events are happening around the UK.
Based in Leeds, West Yorkshire, Steven and Helen are qualified dance teachers and successful Inventive Dance Competitors. They have been encouraging couples to take to the dance floor and enjoy sequence dancing for many years.
Both are championship adjudicators and are available for lectures and tuition at all levels. If you would like more information contact them direct on 0113 273 6885.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Social Sequence Dance Night and Competition Day – Sunday 1st September 2019- Our Speedwell Rooms event will be held on Sunday 1st September 2019 and from 5.30 pm there will be a 50/50 social sequence dance night with MC’s Steven Shaw and Helen Blackburn. Tickets are only £5 each. The event also includes open classical/modern sequence dance competitions during the day for children, and adult competitions during the afternoon. Tickets […]
- NEW DANCE HOLIDAYS ON SALE NOW- There are just a few rooms remaining on our latest dance holidays, including September 2019 at the Bedford Hotel St Annes, Twixmas 2019 at the Rendezvous Hotel, Skipton and our latest holiday to the Abbey Hotel, Great Malvern in 2020. visit our Dance Holiday page for more details.
- IDTA Inventive Dance Winners- The IDTA Inventive Dance winners. Classical Winner – Thornebridge Tango arranged by Stuart Perry and Beverly Howard. Modern Winner – Tango 47 arranged by Andrea Wortley and Tracey White. Latin Winner – Salsa Sizzle arranged by Darren and Anita Kelly. Fun Dance – Samba for Sue, arranged by Andrea Wortley and Tracey White.
Inventive Dance Competitions are held throughout the year to find new Modern Sequence Dances for you to learn. Below is a list of dance competitions which are open to the general public. At some events your entry ticket will include the opportunity to learn the winning dances within a few hours of them being released. Other events teach the new dances the following day, so if unsure please check with the competition organiser before attending. Further information regarding who to contact, ticket availability and venues are available by clicking on the specific competition event below. The results of each competition will be posted on this site following the event.
- 13 January 2019 – Northern Counties Dance Teachers Association
- 17 February 2019 – West of Britain
- 17 March 2019 – Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
- 19 April 2019 – Southport Sequence Easter Festival
- 19 May 2019 – Allied Dancing Association
- 16 June 2019 – British Association of Teachers of Dancing
- 6 July 2019 – International Dance Teachers Association
- 4 August 2019 – British Dance Council
- 18 August 2019 – Associated Board of Dance
- 15 September 2019 – National Association of Teachers of Dancing
- 6 October 2019 – Butlins
- 21 October 2019 – Blackpool Dance Festival
- 3 November 2019 – Ada Unsworth Memorial Event
- 1 December 2019 – United Kingdom Alliance